Village of Watkins Glen
303 N. Franklin Street
Watkins Glen, NY 14891
Watkins Glen is located in Schuyler County at the southern tip of Seneca Lake. The Village is located in the Town of Dix, bordered to the south and east by the Town of Montour, and to the northwest by the Town of Reading. Watkins Glen is accessible by State Routes 14 and 414, named Franklin Street and East 4th Street in the Village, and intersect to form the main crossroads near the lakefront. The region is known for its outdoor attractions and entertainment, including the Watkins Glen State Park, Watkins Glen International Raceway, and tours of local wineries and craft breweries. The Village is less than 30 minutes from major universities and institutions in Corning, Ithaca, and Elmira.
- Fred Warrick
- (607) 535-2736
- M-F: 8:00am-4:30pm
Code Enforcement Officer
- Scot Cole
- (607) 535-2736 (option 7) C: 607-742-6872
- M-F: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Planning Board/Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) Information
- Planning Board
- Meets at 303 N. Franklin St. in the Municipal Board Room.
- Meets 6:30pm on the fourth Wednesday of each month.
- Zoning Board of Appeals
- Meets at 303 N. Franklin St. in the Municipal Board Room
- Meets at 6:30pm on the third Thursday of each month.
- Comprehensive Plan: https://www.watkinsglen.us/pdf/document_library/8-comprehensive-plan.pdf
- Zoning Ordinance: https://www.schuylercounty.us/DocumentCenter/View/1517/Village-of-Watkins-Glen-Zoning-Law-Updated-May-2023
- Zoning Map: https://www.schuylercounty.us/DocumentCenter/View/1520/Village-of-Watkins-Glen-Zoning-Map
- Site Plan Review: Included within Zoning Ordinance.
- Subdivision Law: The Village of Watkins Glen does not have a Subdivision Law.
- Solar Law: The Village of Watkins Glen does not have Solar Laws.
Other Studies, Reports, and Documents
- Downtown Revitalization Initiative (DRI): https://www.ny.gov/sites/default/files/atoms/files/WatkinsGlen_DRI.pdf
- Watkins Glen Local Waterfront Revitalization Program (LWRP): https://dos.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2020/08/watkinsglenlwrp_compressed.pdf
- Waterfront Assessment Forms (WAF): (S:\Planning\LWRP\Waterfront Assessment Form (WAF) – https://www.schuylercounty.us/DocumentCenter/View/11824/Waterfront-Assessment-Form
- Route 14 – Catharine Marsh Concept Plan: http://www.schuylercounty.us/DocumentCenter/View/1514/Route-14-Catharine-Marsh-Concept-Plan?bidId=
- Walk, Hike, and Bike in Watkins Glen brochure: http://www.schuylercounty.us/DocumentCenter/View/1518/Walk-Hike-and-Bike-in-Watkins-Glen-Brochure?bidId=
- Watkins Glen Area Transportation Study: https://www.schuylercounty.us/DocumentCenter/View/1519/Watkins-Glen-Area-Transportation-Study-?bidId=
- Watkins Glen Parking Census: https://www.schuylercounty.us/DocumentCenter/View/1516/Village-of-Watkins-Glen-Parking-Census-9-17-2009?bidId=