Town of Tyrone
P.O. BOX 120
Tyrone, NY 14887-0120
The Town of Tyrone is placed at northwestern corner of Schuyler County, encompassing most of Waneta and Lamoka Lakes, covering 40 square miles and serving approximately 1,600 residents. The residents of Tyrone value a friendly and cooperative atmosphere, taking pride in the Town’s clean fresh air, natural ecosystem, relaxed atmosphere, and communal attitude. Because of this outlook, the Town of Tyrone values programs and policies that preserve its warm community and the natural resources that support it.
- Deborah L. Tyler
- (607) 292–6200
- Hours: Monday and Thursday: 9:00am-1:00pm; Tuesday: 11:00am-2:00pm
Code Enforcement Officer
- Harold Russell
- (607) 292-3168 (Office); (607) 481-8663 (Cell)
- Hours: Monday and Thursday, 9:00am – 1:00pm
Planning Board/Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) Information
- Planning Board
- Meets at 457 County Road, Dundee, NY 14837.
- Meets at 7:00pm on the first Tuesday of each month.
- The Town of Tyrone does not have a Zoning Board of Appeals
- Comprehensive Plan: http://www.schuylercounty.us/DocumentCenter/View/1382/Town-of-Tyrone-Comprehensive-Plan---2004?bidId=
- Zoning Ordinance: The Town of Tyrone does not have a Zoning Ordinance.
- Site Plan Review: https://locallaws.dos.ny.gov/sites/default/files/drop_laws_here/ECMMDIS_appid_DOS20150218075530_22/Content/0902134380033097.pdf
- Subdivision Law: https://locallaws.dos.ny.gov/sites/default/files/drop_laws_here/ECMMDIS_appid_DOS20150218075529_37/Content/090213438000ce77.pdf
- Solar Law: https://locallaws.dos.ny.gov/sites/default/files/drop_laws_here/ECMMDIS_appid_DOS20200220060057/Content/09021343802aabd6.pdf