Town of Reading
P.O. Box 5
Reading Center NY 14876-0005
A small-town atmosphere defines the Town of Reading. The people of Reading value the Town’s forests and working agricultural lands as they provide a source of income and natural backdrop to enjoy in their own backyard. Residents also appreciate the cultural aspects of living in Reading, such as the strongly self-reliant nature of the people, the low-cost, low-service, low-regulations environment, and a community that finds strength in its family connections, churches, and civic organizations to meet local needs. These attributes provide opportunities for local business to grow, provide an affordable cost of living, and offer a high quality of life for residents.
- Terri A. Alger
- (607) 535-7459 ext. 100
- M, T, W, Th: 9:00am – 12:00pm
Code Enforcement Officer
- Dennis Tremblay
- (607) 535-7459 ext. 102 (Press 2), C: (607)-703-9191
- M, T, Th, F: 8:00am – 10:00pm; W: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Planning Board/Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) Information
- Planning Board
- Meets at 3914 County Road 28, Reading Center, NY 14876.
- Meets at 6:30pm on the third Thursday of each month.
- The of Town of Reading does not have a Zoning Board of Appeals
- Comprehensive Plan: http://www.townofreadingny.com/usr/Town-of-Reading-Comprehensive-Plan-2017.pdf
- Zoning Ordinance: The Town of Reading does not have a Zoning Ordinance.
- Land Use Law: http://www.schuylercounty.us/DocumentCenter/View/12695/Reading-Land-Use-FINAL-May-2023
- Site Plan Review: Included within Land Use Law.
- Subdivision Law: http://townofreadingny.com/usr/Reading_Subdivision_FINAL_October_9_2019.docx.pdf
- Solar Law: The Town of Reading does not have a Solar Law.