Capacity & Facilities
The Schuyler County Jail is capable of housing 30 inmates in five cell blocks, one detention cell, and one dormitory cell. The jail has indoor and outdoor recreation facilities and a jail library.
|Services & Programs
Jail staff includes:
- 19 full-time corrections officers
- 10 part-time corrections officers
- 2 registered nurses
- 3 part-time cooks
|HALT Information - Incarcerated Individuals in Segregated Confinement
- Each inmate is allowed 2 - one-hour visitations per week.
- Visitors must have a photo ID issued by a government agency.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or a legal guardian, with the legal guardian possessing legal documents proving they are the legal guardian.
- Anyone visiting an inmate must wear conservative clothing and cannot be under the influence of alcohol or drugs; anyone in violation of this will not be allowed to visit the inmate.
- No books, reading material, or Polaroid pictures may be brought in and dropped off for inmates.
- Newspapers and magazines must be sent through the mail from a publisher and directly addressed to the inmate.
- Clothing is permissible to bring in to the inmate with the approval of the jail administrator. You may contact the Jail Administrator at (607) 535-8228.
- Every person entering the jail will be required to pass through a metal detector.
|Inmate visitation must be scheduled in advance by calling 607-535-8228 Monday - Friday, 7am - 3pm. The scheduled time slots are as follows and will be scheduled on a "first come, first served" basis:
If you would like to add money to an inmate's commissary account, you can do so by mailing a money order in the inmate's name to:
Schuyler County Sheriff's Office
OR, via a kiosk located in the lobby of the Sheriff's Office,
OR, electronically at the link below. www.smartdeposit.com
Secure Correctional Payment ServicesFamily and friends may order commissary gift packs for incarcerated individuals online at www.mycarepack.com. These packages will be delivered directly to the Schuyler County Jail.
Inmate Phone SystemIn order to set up an account for an inmate to be able to contact you via telephone, go to:
New as of 11/14/2023Bail If you would like to post bail for an inmate electronically, you can do so at the link below.
Pay Location Code #5310
A 5% fee for service will be added to the amount of fees due if paid by phone.
A 3.5% fee for service will be added to the amount of fees due if paid online.