Income Maintenance Programs
For assistance, call (607) 535-8303
- Emergency Services
- Temporary Assistance
When You ApplyYou will be given an application and can turn the application in the same day and receive an eligibility interview within in 5 working days.
When you turn in your application, the receptionist will review it with you. If you have one of the emergencies listed below, you will have a short interview:
During the eligibility interview, the worker will go over your application with you to make sure it is complete and that you understand each question. You will be asked for documents to verify your answers on the application. If you bring them to the interview, the process is much quicker.
You will be asked for:
- Birth certificates for everyone in the household
- Social security numbers for everyone
- Proof of residence and shelter expense like a landlord statement, rent receipt, or mortgage payment
- Fuel and utility receipts
- Current pay stubs
- Proof of all other income, like VA benefits, unemployment, support, SSI, pensions, etc.
- Proof of resources like bank statements, insurance policies, titles to real property, and / or vehicles
- Proof of any disability or signed consent for your doctor to complete a medical statement