As of May 19 Governor Cuomo announced relaxing the wearing of face coverings in most indoor settings for those that are fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated individuals will no longer be required to wear a face covering when visiting or working in County facilities. The exception to this ruling is the jail complex, as the rules have not been relaxed for this facility.
Social Services is open to the public during regular business hours, Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm, except for recognized holiday closings. Please be aware that the Receptionists will not be available from 12pm to 1pm daily. If you need to schedule an appointment to be seen by your worker between the hours of 12pm to 1pm, you will need to pre-schedule this with your worker.
If you are experiencing an emergency during non-working hours, 9am to 5pm please contact the Sheriff’s Department at 535-8222.
For your convenience, most applications and frequently asked for documents can be located for pick up in the main entrance vestibule.
Documentation for Social Services can be submitted after-hours in the drop box located near the main entrance of the building.
For any questions or concerns you may call Social Services’ main phone number at 607-535-8303.
- Those with Child Support related matters are asked to call the State Child Support Helpline (888) 208-4485 or on-line at www.childsupport.ny.gov
- Child Care Application for Funding
- Any Schuyler County residents experiencing homelessness are asked to report to the Sheriff’s Dept. for assistance.
- For Adult Services clients receiving checks, please note that effective 3/20/2020 all checks will be mailed.
- INHS Homebuyer and Rental Assistance Program
- NYS Emergency Rental Assistance Program
Schuyler County Department of Social Services assists those in need with services that support their health, safety and welfare while encouraging personal responsibility and self-sufficiency in a compassionate and respectful manner.
Department of Social Services Programs
Income Maintenance Programs:
-Temporary Assistance Services
-SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
-HEAP (Home Energy Assistance Program)
Child Support Enforcement
-Child Protective Services
-Child Preventative Services
Fraud & Recovery
2020-2021 Temporary Assistance/SNAP Employment Plan