Welcome to Schuyler County.
You will find the County Clerk’s office located in the Courthouse on the corner of Franklin Street and 9th Street in beautiful Watkins Glen with the Department of Motor Vehicles located conveniently down the hall. Both offices offer friendly, experienced staff willing to assist you
- · Recording land records or simply getting a copy of a Document already on record.
- · Filing Civil / Marital court proceedings.
- · Local Criminal Searches.
- · Applying / Amending
a NYSPistol Permit.
- · Obtaining a Hunting or Fishing License, or
- · Acquiring /renewing a passport.
All public records can be searched in our office through our indexes Monday- Friday 8:30 AM- 4:30 PM.
Passports and Recordings are only received until 4:00 PM.
Our Historical & Contemporary online records are available at our Cott Portal which is presently being expanded to make your searches from the office or home even more accessible.
My Mission as County Clerk is to maintain the friendly, courteous and professional services that have been the Hallmark of this office. Should you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.
Theresa A Philbin